Today the USDA reported export sales totalling 110,000 metric tons of soybeans by private exporters. This is a strong start to anotherweek. Last week a reported total of 367,000 tons in new soybean export sales were larger than the prior 3 weeks combined.
See table below for details.
For week ending September 1, 2012
|Report Date||Crop||Size of Sale
|Destination Country/Marketing Yr|
|August 28, 2012||Soybeans||110,000||China (2012/2013)|
The marketing year for corn & soybeans is Sept 1 – August 31. The marketing year for soybean oil is October 1 – September 30.
Most Recent Articles Published Exclusively at Seeking Alpha
- Corn Exports Remain Below Year Ago Levels As High Prices Persist
- July Producer Prices Show Surging Farm, Mixed Fertilizer Prices
- USDA Slashes Corn Estimates As Expected, Prices Remain Range Bound
Recent Blog Posts At The Mays Report
- Corn & Soybeans Lower Before Export Sales & Shipments Report
- Facebook Co-Founder Moskovitz Sells Shares
- The Fed Meeting Minutes Show No Real Intent To Start QE3
Disclosures: Neither the author of this article or any family members own any futures contracts or options on futures in any commodities mentioned in this article. For a complete disclosure of the policy on ownership of stocks/commodities written about or recommended, please see about page.