Today the USDA reported export sales totalling 367,000 metric tons of soybeans and 55,000 metric tons of soybean oil by private exporters. That’s 367,000 tons of soybeans, 121,000 tons of corn and 55,000 tons of soybean oil for the week.
The weekly total of 367,000 tons in new soybean export sales is larger than the last 3 weeks combined.
See table below for details.
For week ending August 25, 2012
|Report Date||Crop||Size of Sale
|Destination Country/Marketing Yr|
|August 20, 2012||Corn||99,000||Mexico (2012/2013)|
|August 20, 2012||Corn||22,000||Mexico (2013/2014)|
|August 23, 2012||Soybeans||165,000||China (2012/2013)|
|August 23, 2012||Soybeans||202,000||Unknown Destinations (2012/2013)|
|August 23, 2012||Soybean Oil||36,000||China (2011/2012)|
|August 23, 2012||Soybean Oil||19,000||China (2012/2013)|
The marketing year for corn & soybeans is Sept 1 – August 31. The marketing year for soybean oil is October 1 – September 30.
Most Recent Articles Published Exclusively at Seeking Alpha
- Corn Exports Remain Below Year Ago Levels As High Prices Persist
- July Producer Prices Show Surging Farm, Mixed Fertilizer Prices
- USDA Slashes Corn Estimates As Expected, Prices Remain Range Bound
Recent Blog Posts At The Mays Report
- Corn & Soybeans Lower Before Export Sales & Shipments Report
- Facebook Co-Founder Moskovitz Sells Shares
- The Fed Meeting Minutes Show No Real Intent To Start QE3
Disclosures: The Author of this post has a bear credit spread in Corn. Neither the author of this article or any family members own any futures contracts or options on futures in any of the other commodities mentioned in this article. For a complete disclosure of the policy on ownership of stocks/commodities written about or recommended, please see about page.