Whew! Today has been one of those weird days. Commodities were generally higher today. Dec corn hit its all-time high twice today before pulling back at the close. Volume plummeted every time the price rose above 828 3/4 or below 823 3/4.
I published a piece at Seeking Alpha this morning entitled, “Are Unyielding Corn Prices Zapping U.S. Exports?” that received some colorful comments. There is a link to the piece below today’s report from Allendale if your’e interested.
Closing Prices (per bushel unless otherwise stated)
|Aug 2012||Soybean Oil (Metric Ton)||$52.5500||+0.7600|
|Aug 2012||Soybean Meal (Metric Ton)||$519.9000||+19.8000|
Afternoon Commodities Report from Allendale
Most Recent Articles Published Exclusively at Seeking Alpha
- Are Unyielding Corn Prices Zapping U.S. Exports?
- Taking A Closer Look At Potash Corp’s Strategic Investments
- Potash Corp Misses Earnings For 2nd Straight Quarter, Cites Impairment Loss
Recent Blog Posts At The Mays Report
- Morning Commodities Report from Allendale for August 9, 2012
- Insurance Co Field Supervisor Discusses Harvest Challenges Facing Farmers
- MF Global Trustee Freeh Sees Customers Being Repaid