- PMI Index registered 50.5 in May, down considerably from April’s 54.1;
- New orders and output increased for the 4th consecutive month. However, the rate of growth eased to its weakest rate during the 4 months of expansion;
- Export orders rose slightly as well;
- Order backlogs continue to grow, albeit at a rate that is the weakest of the 4 months of backlog expansion;
- Input and selling prices continue to fall. selling prices fell at its fastest pace since November 2011.
Posted in: Macroeconomic Data