- Muted global demand has resulted in a reduction in exports;
- PMI Index registered 48.4 in May, down slightly from 49.3 in April;
- Production fell marginally during the month and was the weakest decline during the 3 months of contraction;
- The decline in new orders accelerated during the month but the overall downward trend remains modest;
- Employment has declined for 3 straight months inline with the decline of new business;
- Input & output prices declined during the month as producers pass on thier lower costs to customers.
Posted in: Macroeconomic Data