Manufacturing PMI Highlights
- PMI Index 50.7 in May, which is unchanged from the previous month;
- New orders grow at weakest pace during the 5 month period of growth;
- Manufacturing output increases. However, it was confined to investment goods producing sector;
- Order backlogs continue to fall at a solid rate. backlogs have now declined for a full year;
- Employment increased during May, with the rate of job creation the fastest since December 2007;
- Input costs were unchanged during the month and output price discounting was moderate.
Posted in: Macroeconomic Data