This morning the USDA reported two sales. 1) Soybean export sale of 110,000 metric tons for delivery to China during the 2012/2013 marketing year. 2) Hard red winter wheat export sale of 110,000 metric tons for deliver to Saudi Arabia during the 2012/2013 marketing year.
See table below for the total activity reported this week.
For week ending May 5, 2012
|Report Date||Crop||Size of Sale
|Destination Country/Marketing Year|
|April 30, 2012||Soybean||220,000||China (2012/2013)|
|May 1, 2012||Soybean||110,000||China (2012/2013)|
|May 1, 2012||Hard Red Winter Wheat||110,000||Saudi Arabia (2012/2013)|
The marketing year for corn and soybeans is Sept 1 – August 31. The marketing year for wheat is June 1 – May 31.
Most Recent Articles Published Exclusively at Seeking Alpha
- Potash Sales The Lone Bright Spot For Compass Minerals In 1st Quarter
- Slumping Q1 Potash Sales And Production Drive Earnings Miss For Potash Corp.
- CF Industries Q1 Earnings Preview: Will Decision To Limit Forward Sales Impact Revenues?
Recent Blog Posts At The Mays Report
- Netherlands: PMI Shows Marginal Contraction In Manufacturing Sector
- Soybean, Corn & Wheat Crop Progress As of April 30, 2012
- Intrepid Potash, Inc. Announces BLM Approval of HB Solar Solution Mine Project & Commencement of Construction