To start off the week the USDA reported a soybean export sale totalling of 220,000 metric tons for delivery during the 2012/2013 marketing year. The destination is China.
The USDA requires exporters to report to USDA any export sales activity of 100,000 metric tons or more of one commodity, except 20,000 tons for soybean oil, made in one day to one destination, by 3:00 p.m. Eastern time on the next business day after the sale. Exporters must report sales of less than these quantities to USDA on weekly basis.
See table below for details.
For week ending May 5, 2012
|Report Date||Crop||Size of Sale
|Destination Country/Marketing Year|
|April 30, 2012||Soybean||220,000||China (2012/2013)|
The marketing year for corn and soybeans is Sept 1 – August 31.
Most Recent Articles Published Exclusively at Seeking Alpha
- Potash Sales The Lone Bright Spot For Compass Minerals In 1st Quarter
- Slumping Q1 Potash Sales And Production Drive Earnings Miss For Potash Corp.
- CF Industries Q1 Earnings Preview: Will Decision To Limit Forward Sales Impact Revenues?
Recent Blog Posts At The Mays Report
- Intrepid Potash, Inc. Announces BLM Approval of HB Solar Solution Mine Project & Commencement of Construction
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Q1: PotashCorp Reports First-Quarter Earnings of $0.56 per Share